Required before Integrating the SDK
- PushBots account.
- PushBots Application ID.
- iOS Push Certificate (How?)
- Real IOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), Simulator doesn't support push notifications.
- Latest xcode version (xcode 8+)
Step 1: Creating Notification Service Extension
The Notification Service Extension modifies the notification content by adding actions, push polls and allows you to take advantage of iOS 10+ notification features, to create it follow steps in this link.
Step 2: Import the Pushbots SDK into your Xcode project:
Step 3: Add PushBots code and Enable push notifications:
1. Enable Push Notifications in the Capabilities section
2. Enable "Remote notifications" for Background Modes in the Capabilities section. [Xcode 8+]
AppDelegate initialize Pushbots framework in
didFinishLaunchingWithOptions, and replace
PUSHBOTS_APPID with your from application settings:
[Pushbots initWithAppId:@"PUSHBOTS_APPID" withLaunchOptions:launchOptions];
Pushbots.initWithAppId("PUSHBOTS_APPID", withLaunchOptions: launchOptions)